Friday, March 20, 2009

Move over sugar bowl!

Cute, right? Way more fun than a sugar bowl, or even cubes. Perfect for when you want to add that special touch when serving guests coffee. I saw this idea in a Martha Stewart magazine and thought I would try it. She did hers in flower candy molds, which were super adorable, but my heart molds turned out pretty cute too. Next time you make coffee for someone, but a little love in it! :) I know- cheesy!
How to:
Mix one cup of sugar with two teaspoons of water until the consistency of wet sand. Press firmly into candy molds, scrape away excess sugar and then flip out onto wax paper. Let dry overnight. (I did mine one at a time because on my first try, I flipped over the tray of molds and they all crumbled [maybe I just didnt press firmly enough]. I also think they would be super great tinted with food coloring.)

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Oooh, I love those. Too cute for sure!!!

Hays Family said...

I love hearts so I absolutely ADORE them, but any shape would be cute! Great idea!

Jeff and Beth Gutierrez said...

Those are cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So creative and so cute!