Saturday, November 13, 2010

Madison's 4th birthday

For her 4th birthday today, Madison chose an Ariel theme.  I had so much fun creating one for her.  I attempted to create an underwater scene by hanging blue streamers in wave patterns with green seaweed, fish and Ariel and her friends hanging down.  On the table, each vase is filled with a goldfish with seastars next to them.
 For dinner, among other things, with had a pasta bake made with seashell pasta, blue jello aquarium with gummy fish in it, gold fish crackers and gummy sharks and fish.  I made an Ariel cake.  You cant see it, but of course it is pink inside, Madi's favorite color (had to get it in the party somewhere).  Its a white cake with blue "water" frosting.  I made Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian, the fish and the sea stars all out of chocolate.  Boy was that a job, but so fun!  Except the second time around it was a little frustrating.  Yes I had to make Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian all two times!  I broke Sebastian while drawing on his face.  Taylor dumped goldfish water all over Ariel and Flounder.  Ugh!!  The ocean rocks are Nerds.
 The chaos that is present opening!  She got some great gifts and loves them all and slept with most of them tonight!
 My sweet birthday girl!! (with a goofy smile!)

No comments: